"When it all comes down, you know it all comes down to doin' the walk." Steven Curtis Chapman

Sunday, July 8, 2012

11th Anniversary


Our eleventh anniversary, and a bonus! This anniversary falls on the same day of the week that our wedding did; Sunday. What a splendid day that was. We started with an early walk, just the two of us looking ahead to the events of the day. Then there was all the scurrying around and the separation as we prepared for the wedding.

And oh! When the photographer led me around a corner to where I first saw Ginger in her wedding dress… it was a heart-stopping moment. What a vision of radiance and beauty! More than that, it was a foretaste of the beauty our lives would be when lived in love for each other. At that moment I couldn’t know, but only hope, that our love would continue. It has not only continued, but deepened with every twist and turn in the road we are walking together. Ginger had themed our wedding around “gratitude.” How prophetic.

God has been gracious to us. What a gift He has given us in each other. I know that His infusion of Ginger into my life has been a “next step” in His showing me a better way to walk. I believe I have also been part of His assistance in her life, and that makes me profoundly happy. She is every earthly joy to me, and a foretaste of celestial bliss. May we please just bust out in the “Doxology”?

[Note: The photograph above is from our 10th Anniversary last year when we returned to Maine, the site of our honeymoon. When more photos are available to me I will replace this with one from our wedding.]

1 comment:

  1. I love you too, Jim Weller! The look on my face in that picture is the way I still feel about being married to you...joy and anticipation!

    ReplyDelete