"When it all comes down, you know it all comes down to doin' the walk." Steven Curtis Chapman

Monday, July 16, 2012

THE Drive South




This is the last photo we will take of us and our car outside our house, as though we still live there. All our stuff is in boxes inside, and this is it! This is the beginning of THE drive south.

We spent a rather rushed two days driving to California. Ginger did most of the driving so I could finally return to the studies have had “on hold” for several months. That part felt good.

Rolling along past desert scenery also felt good… just like we were on vacation. But how did it feel knowing that this was the official drive to a new home, new surroundings, a new life?

Strangely, I don’t feel anything about that. I think I am blocking thinking about what I am driving away from. It has been my best job ever. I love the people I worked with; yes, teachers, students, parents, pastors, board members, the whole gang. I don’t believe I’ll find that again. My life is in God’s hands and I have lost things precious to me before. He cares and watches over me, so I don’t dwell on what the change might mean. God knows what is in store for me, for us.

When I am not reading and marking articles, I look out the window and think ahead to when we will be settled again. It’s been awhile since life was normal.

1 comment:

  1. It will be really good to get settled. Brandy said last night that she wants the kids to all come over and help us make a fuss about moving in, i.e. help us get a few things in place, and then have our first meal together, on paper plates, in our new house. I love how she relishes those family get-together celebrations!

    ReplyDelete